Year 6 took part in a 'CO Crew' workshop about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO) this week. CO is a highly poisonous gas which can make us very ill if it is present in our homes. We learned all about where CO comes from, what the signs of CO poisoning are and what to do to protect our homes and family from this dangerous gas. 

What the children had to say about the workshop:

'The workshop was was really fun and it taught us about how to keep our family safe'  ( Myla )

My favourite part was when we got to make our own dance up about how CO is invisible and you can't see it, smell it, hear it, touch it, or taste it. (Olivia F)

'I liked the part where we drew a plan of our house and where the gas appliances are where CO could be found'  Miki

I found it really fun to learn about CO because I'd never heard of it before'  (Sarah)

'I liked the team bonding we did during the session'  (Lincoln)

'I checked that we have a CO monitor in my house, and we do' (Alessia)