Welcome to the Summer Term of Year 2!
Welcome back to school and I hope you all had a restful Easter break. The children have been working so hard and I hope you have all enjoyed getting out and about in some of the less wintry weather!
It's hard to believe we've only got one term left of Year 2, but it's been such a joy this year learning with such an enthusiastic and inquisitive class. We've packed so much learning in and this term we're continuing to grow our brains even more! Please see the curriculum map below for more details.
Mr Heron: Class Teacher Mrs Pointer: Teaching Assistant.
Miss Juntunen is teaching on Wednesday afternoons.
If you would like to talk to us about any aspect of school life please do email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I will aim to respond as soon as possible.
If it is urgent please contact the school office or catch me at the classroom door before or after school.
Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Friday.
PE days are Tuesday and Friday.
Fruit snacks can be brought in and please do bring in water bottles - only water please.
Homework is given on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday.
To read our Summer Curriculum map please click here.
To read our RE curriculum overview please click RE Overview
You could help your children by:
• Reading and discussing their home reading books. Please do write in the reading record to let us know how they are doing at home.
• Practising reading and writing high frequency and common exception words. please click here
• Practising Year 2 Key Instant Recall Facts for Maths.
• Using Sound Mats to help with Spelling Sound Mats
- number bonds to 20 - doubling and halving numbers
Spring and Summer terms.
- multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- telling the time
Also aim to practice regularly on the Numbots/TTRS applications for Maths.
If you have lost login details or passwords please contact Mr Heron.