Art and Design at Holy Family - Intent
At Holy Family we strive for our children to learn in a fully positive, nurturing and celebratory environment. We aim for children to develop an appreciation of beautiful art and culture, and to be able to use it to express themselves both as an individual and alongside others.
We will ensure that children achieve the following aims from The National Curriculum, with opportunity to develop throughout KS1 and KS2:
- To use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- To use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- To develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- To be given opportunity to record and develop ideas in sketchbooks throughout their time in school.
- To learn about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.