Art and Design at Holy Family - Intent
At Holy Family we strive for our children to learn in a fully positive, nurturing and celebratory environment. We aim for children to develop an appreciation of beautiful art and culture, and to be able to use it to express themselves both as an individual and alongside others.
We will ensure that children achieve the following aims from The National Curriculum, with opportunity to develop throughout KS1 and KS2:
- To use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- To use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- To develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- To be given opportunity to record and develop ideas in sketchbooks throughout their time in school.
- To learn about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
Recycle and Create Lockdown Challenge
The children from Holy Family have been busy using their recyclable rubbish and items from home to invent some fabulous creations!
Daniel created a house, a dinosaur bus and an owl out of recycled boxes!
Bryan's storage robot. It opens up so you can keep things inside!
Maja and Natalia made a beautiful decorative jar full of flowers, the girls also created a photo jar!
Maja used recycled cardboard and bottles to create her very practical desk organiser - for creative materials and stationary.
Lilly has been hard at work making her creative flower pot from different materials.
These dragonflies and fish are super - Aron used bottles and egg cartons to make these!
Robert and Thomas have made lots of pirate items, including this fabulous treasure chest and telescopes!